By default, Calendar Sync cannot be enabled for your Salesforce Sandbox. This is to prevent Sandbox testing data from corrupting your live Outlook/Office calendar, since Calendar Sync is a bi-directional process.
Our recommendation is to test Calendar Sync in a new Salesforce Developer environment; that way you can control exactly what data is synced. To create a free Developer license, please go to http://developer.salesforce.com/
- Note: Salesforce Developer orgs limit the daily API requests to 15,000 per day. If you have a lot of other automated processes running in your dev org already, you may want to create a new instance.
If testing in your Sandbox is required, please review the following steps to work around the default setting:
1. Visit the Cirrus Insight support diagnostics page at https://secure3.cirrusinsight.com/officeOauth.php
2. Click the Sign In to Salesforce button
3. Click the Sandbox button and enter your credentials
4. Enter your Microsoft account credentials and sign in
If you have more than one Office account, be sure to select the account you want to test with. Be sure to grant Cirrus Insight the necessary permissions to access your account.
5. Select Contact Support at the top of this article to create a case with our Support Team
We will confirm that these steps have been completed before manually starting your Calendar Sync process.